Union Minister of State for Food Processing Industries, Prahlad Singh Patel, inaugurated a Food Processing Unit of M/s Sahara Frozen Foods in Morena, Madhya Pradesh.
- Food Processing Unit was inaugurated under a central sector cold chain scheme called Pradhan Mantri Kisan SAMPADA Yojana.
- It was launched on the last day of Food Processing Week.
Food Processing Week
Food Processing week was celebrated from September 6, 2021 to September 12, 2021 as a part of ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav.’ Under this, the Ministry of Food Processing Industries organized various programmes. As part of the the week, ministry also organized a webinar on Business Opportunities in Bakery & Confectionery under ‘One District One Product’ at Chandigarh. Also, Rs. 5.41 Cr. Has been transferred to Community Based Organizations for 1498 SHG members in Maharashtra as Seed Capital, under the PMFME Scheme.
About Sahara Frozen Foods unit
Sahara frozen foods unit has been set up at the project cost of Rs. 21.09 crores. For this, ministry has also provided a grant in aid of Rs. 10 crores. Unit will provide direct and indirect employment to some 700 persons and will benefit 1000 farmers in the CPC and PPC catchment areas.
Facilities under the unit
Facilities under the unit include:
- IQF Pre-Processing Line for F&V – 4 MT/Hr
- Deep Freezer or Frozen Store – 4000 MT
- Modern Racking System (Stacking)-4000 MT
- High Reach Material Handling- 2 Units.
Services provided by Unit
This unit provides excellent state-of-the-art facilities like water treatment plants, packing machines, water storage tanks, subsystems, fittings etc. it mainly produces frozen peas, frozen cabbage, mango pieces, etc.